Friday, February 08, 2008

So you really want more of this crap?

Thank you so much for the kind comments and personal emails over the last week... even the couple of messages that accused me of coping out. I genuinely didn't know that so many people read this journal and, more importantly, get where I'm coming from.
The general consensus has been that new people diagnosed and terrified need to know that treatment can work and that some form of new normality will resume after a small timeout from life. I agree with that statement and, although I am not a one man support network, I feel I have a small sense of duty to communicate this mini philosophy to folk.
Hodgkins Lymphoma sucks. People die... I can't sugar coat that fact and I have shed many tears recently but most people go on to have a long long remission and cure. I don't know where I am on the scale of time left on this planet and it scares me daily. I don't think this fear will ever go away so I'll prove that this doesn't mean I can't live a normal life.
Finally, be aware that my heart will be fully visible here. It's pinned on my sleeve for all to see. If I'm pissed, you'll know. If I'm soppy emotional, you'll know about it. Mini breakdown? You'll know. I hope it won't make you uncomfortable.
I'll start a new post about my adventures in Alabama a bit later.

To Dina S. Your comment really moved me. I'm proud to know that I helped a small part in your journey with your Dad. I'm so sorry he didn't quite make it.

----------
Currently on ipod :- My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay (I promise)

5 comments:

B. said...

Hell yeah, you're back!

;)

I think V, knows how lucky she is,
but I have to say Mr. Currie,
any time you decide to post -
I so enjoy reading, especially when your heart is out there.

Get home to V, quickly.
The girls must miss you like crazy,

all my love,

b

Veronica said...

Your number 1 fan is glad you're back..........now, no more attention seeking stunts, you hear?!!
And as Bekah says - hurry home!...........xx

Anonymous said...

Re: So you really want more of this crap?


Dear Wullie,

Yes. Yes, we do. Your words are too rare, bold, and true to be unheard.

Love,
TOG

laulausmamma said...

YEAH - glad your blog will be updated often. You speak from your big heart Wullie....I love to listen. Can't wait to hear about your trip to the states...post the stories soon...and pictures too?? You haven't told us if you met up with John...I sure hope so.

140 days to Boston!!

((HUGS))
Susan

Heather said...

Yay! So happy to see that you have changed your mind and are still blogging along!