Friday, February 01, 2008

Another warrior moves on

Sarah Hawthorne (pictured above with her partner, Lorraine) has sadly passed away. Sarah was the "den mother" of the online support group I use and was a source of love, hope and inspiration for everyone. She had, unfortunately, "been there and done that" with most treatments for Hodgkins but nothing would keep the disease at bay. The fact that she knew she was terminal did absolutely nothing to dampen her enthusiasm for life and all she wished for was a few more years. I don't know why this wish wasn't granted. You have no idea how much this beautiful person will be missed. We who knew her are so much richer as a result.

My post on the forum:

I first posted on here on the 18th March 2007. I had just relapsed and was so damn angry and confused.
A thread started in which Sarah, not knowing me from jack, explained where I was at, what I was facing and, most importantly, how to face it.
The fact that the thread collapsed into a slanging match with Anne then walking away forever is something that I still feel bad about.
http://forums.webmagic.com/ubbthreads/sh...part=1&vc=1

I am so pissed at myself right now for not letting her know exactly what I thought of her. I was going to do it when I visit Alabama next week and now it's too late.
That will not happen again. If I need to tell someone they're special then I'm just gonna tell them from now on.

To Sarah,
I'm going to miss you.
with lots of love,
Wullie

1 comment:

B. said...

love you