Monday, September 10, 2007

Now the dog has it...

Just returned from the vets with a poorly Kelly in tow. She has been diagnosed with spleen and liver cancer and has between 1 week and 2 months to go. The vet said that he had never seen a spleen so large in a dog and some of her blood readings were off the scale! She is still bright in herself and very playful so there was no way I was putting her to sleep today but the first sign of any distress or discomfort then I'll be taking her back to "get the deed done", as it were. I'm gutted, to say the least. She's coming up to 12 years old so she's done not bad... she was only supposed to live till 7 or 8 as she gets so many steroids to keep her skin condition under control.

On my cancer front I've had good days and I've had bad days. My hair is coming back fast and I'm not losing any more weight, although I still don't have a good appetite as my taste buds are still narfed. I go in for tattooing tomorrow and radio begins on Thursday.

Day +76 today. In 24 days time I'm an official auto SCT statistical survivor.

4 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Oh no!!!! You're Kelly is sick!! I'm soooo sorry! I know what it's like to have a sick pup. When I was younger we had a dalmation and she had some sort of live failure and she would get all sick and we thought this is it..BUT she got a second wind, and lived for another 2 months or so. So I hope your pup isn't having any pain and that you can enjoy this time with her. I hope that's not a sign, Kelly the dog has cancer, Kelly Kane might too, hmmm weird...! Have fun getting your tatts :) And I'll be thinking of you on Thursday! XO!

Anonymous said...

Wullie and Veronica-

So sorry to hear about your doggie. I had a lovely, goofy, wiry-haired gray dog named Mortimer who had to be euthanized in October of 2006. I think he was an Irish Wolfhound mix (just a LOT shorter than a Wolfhound, was the running joke). I still miss him. I know it's difficult.

TOG

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your radio tomorrow - we're thinking of you...Cath

Anonymous said...

Hi Wullie, thinking of you and hope everything is going well with the radio.

C&Vxx