Sunday, September 16, 2007

Day + 82. Things getting a little weird.

It's been a tough few days all round. I started radiotherapy on Thursday but unfortunately decided the night before that I should develop diarrhoea. It has not been pretty. Travelling an hour on the train into Glasgow for treatment whilst trying not to soil yourself is not a pleasant experience. I lost one pair of undies due to the fact that ScotRail decided the particular on-train toilet I had to use shouldn't have any toilet paper stocked.
Arseholes.
Thankfully this little stomach upset has now just about passed but I have one more slightly worrying problem.

I don't want to eat.
Nothing appeals to me. Everything tastes like utter crap and the smell of food cooking makes me want to vomit... it is that bad. At the moment I am surviving on fruit and Weetabix. I went for a curry with work on Thursday night and hardly ate a thing and this is not like me to turn away mountains of free Indian food.
I feel terrible and will have to give my Oncologist a call on Monday. The radiotherapy will be burning calories like nobodies business and I'm not replacing them. No wonder I'm knackered and the weight is dropping off again.

I guess I'd better buy in some calorie shakes until I get over this.

5 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Yes those calorie shakes might be what you'll need to get thru this beast. I'm so disappointed that you're feeling crappy. I was hoping you would be one of those people that just gets a little sore throat and skips around all day! Get your rest. I wish I had more suggestions to make you want to eat... how about a root beer?? Or some cinnamon candy to get your buds started? Or, just don't push yourself. Oooo maybe this is when people start smoking pot!? To make you eat!! Ha

Okay I'm done being a weirdo. I hope you're feeling a little better by the time you read my comment. XO!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wullie, sorry to hear things are not good, hope you feel better very soon!

Vxx

Anonymous said...

=( I hope you feel a lot better soon, Wullie. I'm P.O'd at the world right now and I hate to hear that you, Kelly, and our other forum friends are having rough times.
Yep, I'm ranting a little bit in your comments. Sorry.
TOG

skye said...

Wullie, I am so sorry your having sucha crappy time...sorry, bad joke! I know the nurses here recommend that, when I don't feel like eating, to try cold foods because often the smell of foods will turn you off to it before it even touches the tastebuds. What about bland things that don't have much taste to begin with--or spicy foods to kick those tastebuds into gear?

I added a link to your blog onto mine. If you'd like, you can add me to your's also. Sure hope you start feeling better soon--maybe carry an extra pair of undies!

Duane said...

Hi Wullie,

Sorry to learn that it has been so difficult for you recently. I can totally relate to when you mentioned how even the smell of food/cooking can make want to vomit. It's definitely not fun. But this time will pass.

I'm thinking about you and hope you feel better very soon.

Duane
http://journalofaprizefighter.blogspot.com