Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Day + 70

Just a quick "few line" update.
Things are moving slooooooooowly and I think this is why I am dipping in and out of minor depressions. Nothing serious or worrying... just some black days when I want the treatment to start so that it can finish.

I was in Glasgow today on the CT simulator so that measurements could be taken for my radiotherapy. I now have three large crosses on my body... one under each armpit and one in the middle of my chest. I had to promise under pain of death that they would still be there next week. They are my alignment crosses and will make sure that I am in the exact same position for every radio therapy treatment... they get permanently tattooed next week and my treatment begins on the 13th. My last treatment is on the 11th October and I get the double joy of radio and a bone marrow aspiration that day.
I can hardly wait but at least I now have a definitive final treatment date.

The end is in sight.

Then we need a holiday... even if it is just to Ireland.

2 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

I know what you mean, my friend, waiting sucks!! I think you should definitely take a little trip to Ireland, that would be awesome! Maybe you can even go before rads Please take pictures for me, one of the whitest irish girls in the US :) Oh and no baths for you this week or you're going to be in deep trouble with the rads folks!!! I hope V enjoys ripe Wullie as well as clean Wullie!

Please keep me posted! XO!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wullie
I am Kelly's Dad and I just wanted to congratulate you on clean scans. Hope your energy level is getting better. Please keep posting. and we send only the best thoughts and prayers and wishes. Thanks Dave