Monday, August 13, 2007

Day + 48

Any hope I had of falling of the cancer radar came crashing down today when not one or two, but FOUR hospital appointments arrived through the post this morning. The postie must think I'm at Death's Door! I've got a visit to see a radiotherapist tomorrow, a CT scan a week today and two visits to the bone marrow unit in Glasgow in October... one to do another marrow test (ouch) and the other for the result. Oh, and my routine onc appointment on the 24th August. It's busy having cancer.

I'm a bit apprehensive of the meeting tomorrow. If you've followed this blog from early on you'll know my feelings towards radiologists. I just know I'm going to go into the meeting on the full defensive and not let the poor girl away with anything. Worst still, if this is the pre-assessment crap that I've already gone through then I'll have wasted my time and will not be shy in making them aware of the fact. My Onc must have written a hell of a referral letter to get me in so quickly.

I just hope the treatment starts asap and they don't wait until Day + 100. I want it now whilst the bugger (if still around) is in retreat.

No comments: