Saturday, July 14, 2007

We made it!
Well at Day +18 (who had that in the sweep?) I got my sorry arse out of the hospital and made it home.
Heaven.

Broke down (as expected) when I saw the girls but apart from that everything has been great so far. I'm not 100% discharged yet; that happens on Monday. I'm on a weekend pass to make sure I can cope.
Somehow I'll think I'll manage.
I'm totally exhausted and my tastebuds are shot worse than ever before. The only thing I can really make out is orange or apple but even that has to be really strong!
Man, you have no idea how good it feels to sit back in your own comfy armchair and lie in your own bed. I do a fair bit of travel with work so thought it would be easy.

It wasn't.
I'll post more on the joys of being home a bit later. Bit tired just now.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pleased you made it!!! The girls look so happy to have you home, too! Erin's face is a delight!!
Cath

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Found this blog on the lymphoma web site....I'm the mum of Jenny (code name jennysdad). Sounds like you are doing very well. I read your past postings and could really relate to the reference to what you were doing this time last year...we were on holiday in England having a wonderful time, even though England lost again. You can probably guess that I am from England (no hard feelings I hope!!). Jenny was actually born in Poole. Anyway, your daughters are adorable. Enjoy being home and hope the weather is nice.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh, that is the look of love and pride!!!!

Congratulations Wullie, so pleased that you are home again with Veronica and Erin and Rebecca.

Vickyxx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely sight to see. I'm so happy that you are with your three girls at home!
<3<3<3 TOG

Kelly Kane said...

Hoooray!! Wullie, you have a billion comments from me to catch up on!! :) We'll catch up soon! So glad your home in your own comfy bed!!

rupertx said...

The photographs say it all fella.

Great to see you back on home turf, kick it up the arse on Monday and make it a permanent arrangement.

Very nice to hear from you on Saturday too, but im the last person you should be talking to on a weekend pass. Not that im complaining.

Look forward to seeing you soon, but only when you are feeling up to it. We'll spark up the bbq when your ready.

Now, away with you and enjoy your weekend with your ladies.

Steve, Claire & the girls x

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Wullie!!! I bet it is one of the best.

We are celebrating for you later.

Vickyxx

Chris said...

Bum Chikka Wow Wow...
Happy Birthday Wullie, the best present you could have had, back where you belong.

Cheers
Chris