Friday, July 13, 2007

It's up to me now.

Well I'm reclaiming my blog back. Today is the first time in ages that I have switched the laptop on. I got some good news today.... if I can keep my arse out of bed and do a fair amount of walking then I may get a weekend pass.
Fantastic.
I soon as they said it I was out of my bed and scaling what felt like K2.... a flight of 32 stairs. I did it yesterday and had a wee walk the day before and it does knacker me. I'm going to need some exercise tips from fellow SCT'ers to get strength back. I'm wacked after doing something so seemingly meaningless. I shouted when I go to the top of the stairs. People just stared at the madman... probably thought I was a local Glasgae jaickie high on heroin or bevvy.

Now I'm just resting for the next hour and repeating the process. I'm going to buy a good exercise bike for the house as well.

Regarding the treatment. It wasn't that bad. My big problem was an uncontrollable fever that lasted 20 days and only broke 48 hours ago. Without that I wouldn't be so week and probable would be out by now.

Damn Hickman Line!
Not thinking about going to work yet... more small goals like walking to the local shop and back when I get out. Hopefully I can work from home for a while. The brain still very much works 100%

8 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Hooray for reclaiming your blog!!! Glad to hear you're getting your exercise and hopefully you'll be home by weekend!! HOOORAY!!

Adrienne said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Wullie. Adrienne had a terrible time with peripheral neuropathy and muscle atrophy so she was unable to walk for awhile. Physical therapy did wonders for her, that plus walking and stairs like you're doing. Just make sure you aren't alone in case you fall. Adrienne had quite a few falls but she was small (7 stone) so someone could always pick her up.

You're definitely on the up slope now. Here's to hoping you're home, sleeping in your own bed and eating home cooking soon.

Hugs, Alison

laulausmamma said...

Welcome back Wullie - glad you are up and about. Don't overdue it - don't want any setbacks now that you are on the upswing. Take good care and give Veronica a big Wullie bear hug for us all for taking such good care of you and keeping us up to day here and on the forum. Hope you get that pass to have a change of scenery for the weekend.

Susan

Chris said...

Wullie

Great to hear from you again and really glad that you are winning.
You and Veronica are stars and we are all so glad to hear positive vibes.
Don't over do it and hope you have a great weekend.
KYPU
Chris

rupertx said...

Ey up fella....

Great news indeed. Its getting better all the time.
You just want to get home and see the new carpet dont you !
On the exercise bike front, you wanna look out for an elliptical trainer as opposed to a bike, but thats something for the future.
Take it easy now.

look forward to seeing you soon.

All the best, buddy.
Steve, Claire & the girls x

Veronica said...

"Regarding the treatment. It wasn't that bad."

OH, OKAY..........and brain is functioning 100%???? Your memory certainly isn't!!

LOVE YOU - I've got everything crossed (very uncomfortable, let me tell you!) that you'll be home tomorrow xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sanbandit said...

Wullie congrats on gettin upward and onward and homeward bound! Glad to read you're gettin up those stairs and on the better!Hope you make it home this weekend!
sandy

Anonymous said...

Wullie!
What great news. I hope you'll be back home tomorrow with Veronica and the girls. You're doing a fantastic job- and both you and Veronica still make us all laugh along the way, even when things are rough. I am making a solemn vow to myself to never complain about anything ever again.

I might explode... =)

Best wishes,
TOG