Sunday, July 15, 2007

Best. Birthday. Ever!

After an up and down night (found it really hard to settle) I finally nodded off about 0400 and was awoken around 0800 to the sound of the girls.
Superb. Never thought I'd enjoy a wake up call so much in my life.

Veronica got up, got them ready and then brought up some birthday cards and gifts that people had kindly sent. Then I came to the "special" one. Veronica has a friend who is extremely friendly with one of the Celtic Lisbon Lions. As a result she was over in the US for the big shindig with all the players. Veronica asked her if she could bring me back a momento.
Nicola excelled herself.
She exchanged a shirt for a funky new Melbourne CSC No.1 shirt and then got all the remaining Lisbon Lions to sign it for me. She even got wee Jinkys wife to sign it in his honour as he sadly passed away last year.
I was blown away that someone would go to all that trouble for me. I was, as I have been many a time on this cancer journey, extremely moved at the generosity of people and the time they give up for.
Veronica was chuffed to bits as well. It's the first present in over 10 years that I won't be bringing back to the shop for a refund!!
It'll be getting framed (shame really as it is a lovely shirt) and hung pride of place in the sitting room. A keepsake for life.
Also thanks to Brian (Moondooggie) from Cancerismybitch.com for my b/day card and personal letter. It meant a lot, dude. I'm wearing my shirt with pride.

Everyone have a drink for me today / tonight. I honestly didn't think I'd see 33.
I'll have a root beer!

3 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Awww that's so nice of them to sign that shirt for you!!! I hope you hang it with pride! I'm glad you're enjoying your birthday and rocking the CiMB shirt!! I hope you're enjoying the day!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wullie

Happy Birthday!

I'm glad you liked the shirt. It was no bother.
Keep up the good work and your blog!
Take care

Hail Hail!

Nicola
x

laulausmamma said...

So glad your birthday was so special and you could share the special day with your 3 girls at home. Hope you'll be home for good with them ASAP. Post a pic in your CIMB shirt for our calendar page.