Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Knackered

I bought one of those elliptical cross-training machines on Monday from good old eBay and the bugger arrived yesterday... all 111lbs of it. There was no way I was shifting that box upstairs!
Box was removed and all parts were moved (slowly) upstairs and then Veronica flexed her muscles and moved the base as I just could not manage it.
Assembly time for normal human :- 40 minutes.
Assembly time for post transplant dude :- 2hours 47 minutes.

Wow!

After every little bit was assembled I need a short break. You don't realise just how much this transplant malarchy has taken out of you until you start doing the mundane tasks.
Needless to say I haven't been on it yet... I was too shattered after building it to use the damn thing but I'll get my workout sometime today and no doubt get frustrated that I'm on the lowest setting. Although as long as my heart rate gets pumping that is all I need just now.

Nothing else to report so far. My parents returned home yesterday. They have been superb and been here every week during my transplant.
Becca woke up yesterday and decided to plaster herself from the top of her head to the bottom of her feet in cream that she managed to reach from her cot. We're sorry now that we didn't get a photo but we just wanted to clean her up at the time. She was pure white!
Erin is just my little angel, as always and Veronica is still performing heroics and keeping us all together.

We don't seem to be missing the dogs either; which is a bit worrying. We've put them into kennels for a month under doctors orders and I thought I'd do my head in without them but I haven't actually noticed them not around. Maybe it is because they are old and just lie around these days anyway!

As ever, thanks for all the support. It really helps!
Love you all.

4 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Elliptical's kick my ass- cancer or not, so take it easy my friend :) Glad to hear you're getting back into the swing of things! And of course, I'm also disappointed that you didn't get a picture of Becca covered in cream :) I'm sure they'll be a next time, ha ha!!

laulausmamma said...

Hi Wullie - glad you had a project to keep you busy for a while. Keep the pace slow and don't overdo the exercise. Keep feeling better and better each day. (((hugs))) to you and your three girls.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi Wullie and Veronica~ Just glad for you guys that you're home and enjoying yourself.
<3 TOG

--jam said...

Dude, I'm just impressed that you got the thing put together. Maybe that's what you can do for exercise - take it apart and reassemble it every day.

Wullie, so glad you're home and doing well. Keep it up!

--jam