Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Day + 28 :- hereby known as Independence Day.

Today was a great day. I woke up totally shattered and passed on an outing to Stirling with Veronica and the girls as I was so tired. 30 minutes later I gained some energy from God knows where so decided to sneak out in the car for the first time in months. Yup, I ventured out of my safety bubble without Veronica.

It felt great.

I popped into Dunblane in order to sort some missing sick lines out but unfortunately the SS like training of GP receptionists in the UK meant that she refused my request unless I booked a GP appointment. I explained GPs where very busy people and they are well aware I have had cancer, just had salvage chemo and an SCT transplant and that the missing sick lines where just an oversight on my part as I've been "a bit busy with things like staying alive" but she said too many people were "at it". I took my skip hat off and showed my nearly bald napper and said "Does this look like I'm at it?" but she was obviously high up in the Gestapo and refused to budge. I should have whipped my top off and showed all the scars but I didn't want to scare any passing children or OAPs. So if HR are reading this I'll get the missing line to you next week

I came home but was still full of energy so took the car out for a drive again (she doesn't know what's hit her as she's just sat on the drive for a year); this time into Stirling. Had a wander around the shops and then came home.
Needless to say I am now 100% pooped but I feel damn good. It shows yet more improvement. I can also taste a hint of "sweet" and "spicy" now so I'm really looking forward to my Thai tomorrow night.

I wonder if I bought Veronica a 5th Wedding Anniversary card and pressie? We said we weren't buying presents this year due to everything that has gone on so in typical female fashion if I haven't bought anything I'm dead and if I have... I'm dead as well. I'm in male limbo.
Tune in tomorrow for that exciting episode!

3 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Glad to hear you're out and about, I'm sure your car missed you :) Oh and hooray for your yummy dinner tomorrow, and in even better news, I finally found you some tic tacs!! HOORAY! I suggest a present even though you said not to, nothing big or expensive, just something thoughtful, I'm sure Miss Veronica would be thrilled :) I also think you two should get all dressed up and take an updated picture of the two of you going out on your fun date !

Chris said...

Wullie
I know exactly how you feel on the gift front! Not sure what to suggest as that will be wrong as well? As for the meal, have you thought about your order as Veronica will want to try it and if its not right, then thats your fault as well.....ONLY JOKING V. xx
Glad to hear that you are getting out, but take it easy.
Cheers
Chris

laulausmamma said...

Good to hear that you felt up to be an adventurer today Wullie.
Happy Anniversary to you and Veronica. Hope you enjoy your Thai dinner. I love the idea of a new "dressed up" picture to share with us....hope you'll have one taken. (((HUGS))) to you both

Susan