Monday, July 23, 2007


Day + 27

Day +27 already and I think I'm doing OK. I'm getting out and about with the family when I can and trying my hardest to not overdo it or get frustrated when I get tired. That is still the biggest hurdle for me as I get frustrated easily. I'm an awful lot more active than I thought I would be at this stage and, sorry for repeating myself, when I think back to this time last week when I was discharged and could hardly walk I can barely believe it. I think Veronica is pleasantly surprised as well as I have been known to stay in bed. I even spent a couple of hours wheeling Becca around Stirling Shopping Centre on Saturday morning... I was knackered afterwards but NEXT sales must be attended!!!

I still need some rest in the afternoon and I am really, really feeling the cold. Veronica refuses to put the heating on as it is July... "The heating DOES NOT go on in July, August or September and that is that". This means I need to get under the duvet to heat up so I always have a nap in the afternoon. This will soon stop as it is effecting my sleeping at night.

Nothing else to report at all which is all good news. Temperature is holding steady and I've escaped infection (touch wood) so far so all in all we're delighted with the way things are progressing. I just wish they'd progress quicker!

It's our wedding anniversary on the 25th July so we've decided to go out to our favourite Thai restaurant for a meal. It's a quiet little restaurant so I should be OK to go to it. Bit of a weird one for me as my tastebuds have no where near returned to any semblance of normality yet but they are improving. I'll just make sure I have the spiciest thing a Thai does; whatever that maybe and finish off with one of the delicious coconut pancake thingies. I might have to imagine the taste but I'm going to have one.

Good luck with the scan results today, Kelly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Veronica and Wullie-
Just wanted to stop by and see how things are going. I hope you're feeling good today.
Have a great time on your anniversary. Thai food is my favorite of all time! Tom ka kai soup: Mmmmmm... =)

Love, TOG

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful meal and a lovely evening out.

Vxx

Kelly Kane said...

Hey Wullie! Good to hear you're still having some energy, and naps are fabulous, so do what you gotta do, especially to stay warm. You're going to melt when you come here! So I'm guessing your tastebuds are a little better than they were a few days ago, by the time you get all the cinnamon stuff from me you'll be back to normal! As for my scans today, not as great as I thought they were going to be - I have a spot on my chest that lit up on the PET, we have another PET scheduled for a month from last Friday, or I can do a biopsy and find out if it's the hodge or inflammation. And the waiting game begins, fun times!