Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Warning. Sick post ahead.

Well not sick but diarrhea.
I woke up this morning and smelt a terrible smell. To be honest I first thought that Veronica had been at the apricots again but she hadn't. Next thought was that one of the girls had had an incident during the night. Nope, not that either. Veronica thought she knew what it was so she ominously walked down stairs and headed for the kitchen... this is where our doggies sleep during the night. They used to sleep in our room but they've been banned since chemo started and my white blood counts were a bit dodgy. Anyway, she opened the door and was greeted with an almost literal sea of poo.
It was everywhere. No wonder we could smell it upstairs and at the opposite side of the house.
To now cut a long story short it took a good 4 hours to gut the place. Veronica got the worst of it up and then conveniently had to take Erin and Rebecca to their toddlers play morning leaving me on my hands and knees scrubbing the flooring and bleaching every surface. The dogs are never going to that kennel again.

On the plus side it is one less room that needs gutting for post transplant.

Now I'm just getting together stuff I need to get through the boredom of my hospital stay.
Got my DVD player and Nintendo DS Lite for entertainment. I'll be raiding the local book shop tomorrow and Veronica will bring me in my magazines and Private Eye when they drop through the letter-box. My work are getting me an SPV PDA unit so that I can keep in touch with email and surf the web (we don't seem to do internet connections in the NHS; we'd rather spend the millions on administrators and paper-pushing managers). Hopefully I'll be able to keep this blog updated in a basic fashion so please keep the encouraging comments coming. I especially want to hear how my fellow Hodgers are doing with their treatments... or lack of it in a few weeks time! Please keep me up to date with your news.
I think that'll keep me going but if any post-SCT'ers have and further suggestions then let me know.

6 days and counting. The end is in sight.

Bring it on!

3 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Awwww your poor pups!! While I type this my dog is sprawled out in my bed sleeping :) I hope they feel better soon! I'm glad you got yourself some entertainment for the hospital stay. Do you have an ipod too? That might be something good to bring if you do. If you want some suggestions for good relaxing music, I'd happy to email you some suggestions. And don't worry, I'll be sure to leave you comments all the time so you can have Kelly updates :)

Chris said...

Wullie it sounds like you are well on the way to be sorted for your transplant. Have you got the brain teaser game for the DS, had a go a few weeks ago and its quite adictive. We will stay in contact during your stay and we will communicate on a regular basis.
KYPU, not long to go.
Cheers
Chris

Sanbandit said...

Hi my name is sandy and your wife left a lovely comment on my blog as she saw me leaving comments on kellys blog. Just wanted to say good luck with your sct! soundslike you got some good items to keep ya out of trouble while at teh hospital. I agree with Kelly though if you don't have one maybe look into an iPod! I know i love mine!! Hope your puppies are back to good health too!