Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It's the Final Countdown....

So now the countdown to transplant officially begins. One week to go and these days are going to drag so I'm going to have to keep myself occupied. I'm also looking for some new authors to read so if anyone has any suggestions then let me know... I'm a fantasy / sci-fi kinda guy with Robert Rankin, Terry Pratchett, Christopher Moore and Tom Holt being favs. I like Jasper Fforde as well but will read practically anything except Chick Lit. Three of these dudes have new books out during my stay in hozzie but I can fly through a book so will need a pile.

The last two days have been great... just me and the girls and we've had a right good time. If only the dogs weren't around. I picked them up from kennels yesterday and they looked a bit peaky. Today I have had to clear up THREE lots of diarrhea from the behinds of my lovely puppies and each time there was nearly a pile of my sick next to it because of the smell! Thank God we have wooden floors for easy clean up. If you couple this with the fact that Erin has caught a wee bug and threw up on me yesterday I can't help but get paranoid that the world is conspiring against me to catch a pre-transplant infection! Thankfully I'm holding up with no problems.

Our couple of days away in Colvend Bay in Dumfries and Galloway were extremely relaxing and refreshing and just what we all needed. The girls had an absolute blast and Veronica and I just enjoyed them enjoying themselves. The days were full of activities and the weather (for Scotland) was superb. I had to keep running for shade it was that warm. The beach was lovely and sandy and the adventure parks knackered the weans out enough to make sure they sleep solid in the evening whilst Veronica and I just kicked back. Erin particularly enjoyed the Ice-Cream farm. She ate enough of the stuff that we still can't believe she wasn't sick. (There seems to be a theme of vomit running through this post so I might as well add that Erin chucked up all over herself on the way down to the cottage. Getting the smell out of her car seat was no easy task and we were only two minutes away from out destination. Why don't children give you a bit of warning? All we got was "I don't feel well" and the "Bleuuuuuurgh". Marvelous). I'll get some photies chucked on when I can be bothered.
We're thinking of getting a place down there because we loved it so much. We'll check things out after transplant.

For the record Veronica is still a bit gassy.

1 comment:

Kelly Kane said...

Yay for updates, but yikes on all of the vomit and the poor sick pups! I honestly only like chick lit, so I have no book suggestions right now. If I think of anything, I'll let you know. So what's the deal for transplant, do you stay in the hospital for weeks? Do you get to have visitors? Enjoy the week before transplant and tell Veronica I say Hi!