Monday, June 04, 2007

Boooooring

No posts recently because I've got nothing to say! We're pretty much just counting down the days until transplant although we have booked into a log cabin later this week to get away from it all. A couple of days spoiling the girls is just what I need and Veronica just wants to get out of the house and not think about cancer for a while. I can't wait to see how she copes without being able to read other folks blogs or login to The Hodge Forum. I'll probably be made to go into work to get a GPRS enabled iPaq to keep her going.
Once back it'll be the start of gutting the house and making it nice and clean in preparation for my return from SCT. I think we'll get some professionals in as neither Veronica or I are particularly tidy... we're surface cleaners and the gaff needs a good, deep cleanse.

As a side note; don't EVER let your spouse eat a whole bag of dried apricots. If you do then be prepared to sleep in the spare room or the car as the smell that is generated during and after digestion is truly horrific. They're of the "silent and deadly" variety of farts as well so they just creep up on you. Veronica thought it hilarious to let one drop and then wait for me to jump out of bed in disgust... and that's with two windows open. It set back my taste bud recovery by a good few days.

6 comments:

Veronica said...

I know a good divorce lawyer...............!xx

Wullie said...

Erm.... it's me that is the injured party here!

Kelly Kane said...

Ha ha, you guys crack me up! Veronica is totally going to go nuts without internet access... I love it! :) Enjoy your trip!!

Anonymous said...

I really did laugh out loud at that one, well done Veronica very funny!

The things we do to amuse ourselves....I will have to tell you about our night in with the suppositories (don't know how to spell it) dead cheap and lots of fun!

Log cabin sounds great! Have a fantastic time xx Leave the apricots behind.

Darrel Hale said...

Hey there Wullie...
The cabin sounds like a nice get away- be sure to enjoy the down time to regain your strength and get a little activity in- the confinement of transplant can drive you a little batty at times. It sounds like, though, that you are all set to go!- Cancer knocked down, good PFT's and a farting wife (this last one is optional for sure). The hard part might very well be behind you already, so I agree with you- bring it on!

You brother in Cancer-killing,
Darrel

PS I forget, are you getting BEAM or CBV?

Kelly Kane said...

Wullie you're slacking on posting updates...I need things to read on a regular basis!!! Hope all is well :)

Kelly