Thursday, May 31, 2007

Realisation

Just a normal day today. I went into work again to put in some network infrastructure change requests to our IP-VPN supplier (boring IP stuff) and then the office threw a barbie for our outgoing MD. So it was burgers and beers (although not for me) all round and a perfect way to spend an afternoon at work! Peter, I don't know if you read this blog thingy, but if you do then thanks for everything.

Nipped to the shops on the way home and, when I finally got back to the house, the actual realisation that I had beaten this evil Hodge fecker again kicked in for the first time. 16stone of burly, pudgy bloke then proceeded to have a mini-breakdown for 5 minutes. The relief just flowed out of every pore. I guess it was just the fact I was doing "normal" things.
I am going to see Erin and Rebecca grow up.
I am going to get old.
I will see Celtic win a major European honor... (maybe that one is asking abit much)
I do have a future.
I'll have to cancel that funeral I had mentally planned a few weeks back.
Veronica, unfortunately for her, is stuck with me. No easy way out for her now.

19 days to transplant and frankly it can't come quick enough.
The light at the end of the tunnel is get brighter and it's not the light I thought I was going to be seeing!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

DAMN - foiled again............xxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris said...

KYPU.................
Good to see that you have you positive thinking only head on. Nearly through it, ok again, but you are nearly there!
See you in Boston 08?
Chris