Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day 0 - Transplant Day. Happy Birthday to me

They are in and swimming towards my marrow. On yerselfs, chaps!
Well, half of them are on the way. I've had three bags today and I'm getting the other three bags tomorrow. The delay is due to the amount of preservatives used due to me being "a bit bigger".

For something that I had built up to be huge and monumental it was all a bit anti-climactic! The nurse and doctor arrived, defrosted a bag of cells, hooked me up and drained it into me. Each bag took about 12 minutes and the whole process was over in 40 minutes! Now, the only side effects are I'm am completely knackered and I stink of sweet corn... and I bloody hate sweet corn!

Thanks for all the cards that arrived today and an HUGE thanks to Chris and Vicky for the Twinkies. I'm going to fire into them after my dinner. Mmmmmmmm!! Did Kelly play a part in them?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome, via Ebay-taken a while to get here but perfect timing as they arrived yesterday. Sorry about the packaging it was very hastily done.
Hope you enjoy them!

Vickyxx

Veronica said...

OI - LEAVE A TWINKIE FOR ME!!!!!!

love ya.............xxxx Hope you sleep better tonight..........xxxxx

laulausmamma said...

Hey Re-birthday boy : } Glad it went smoothly today...hope the same for tomorrow. Pleasant dreams

Kelly Kane said...

I'm sorry Wullie, but I had nothing to do with Twinkies, but I LOVE that you thought I did! :) So I'm guessing you can't find them in Scotland, eh? You should have told me you wanted them, I would have mailed you some!! Please let me know if there's anything from the US that you're craving, I'd love to send you presents!! Glad to hear that your feeling OK today. Rest up!!!!! Oh and I hope you liked the card I sent you, it's my favorite birthday ecard!! Hope all is going well and you're keeping yourself entertained! Talk soon!!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are making further progress - you really need these 'Blue' cells - use some food colouring to get a nice green colour - wouldn't like to see you with too much blue blood.

Keep getting better and greener!

Bob F.

sim said...

oh BUMS!!!!
Forgot me password n that
had to set up new account ... and lost my message!!
HI WULLIE!!!
Well, sorry to hear about your sweetcorn odour!! must be annoying!
You are doing sooo well though, I hope you are proud of yourself!
I expect you are saving birthday celebrations for your escape!!? what are your plans?? look forward to hearing all about ya outrageous exploits!
loadsa love
sim xx

Chris said...

Wullie
Keep well and enjoy the Twinkies.
Glad all going well and hope this continues over the next few days.
KYPU
Chris