Monday, June 25, 2007

Day -1


FUCK YOU, CHEMO!


I apologise. I am much more intelligent than the above title suggests but that is just my 100% total attitude today.
Fuck you, chemo!
Now, don't get me wrong. I am eternally gratefully for all you have done for me, Mr. Chemotherapy, but I am never, ever going to see you again. Auf weidersehen, pet.

So today has been a good today. I received my last chemo ever at 1230 and munched through 8 ice poles to numb the tingles you seemingly get in your mouth. Lovely jubbly. No after effects but due to the amount of fluids being pumped through me I'm running to the loo every 30 minutes. I currently have the bladder of a hamster!
Oh, my haemoglobin is a wee bit low so I'm getting a bag of blood later tonight as a wee booster.

Hoping everyone is well.
Tomorrow, when the stem cells are returned, I'm officially reborn.

8 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Fuck You Chemo is right!!! Hooray! Keep eating the popsicles to avoid yucky mouth sores and rest up for your birthday bonanza!

Chris said...

Wullie
Join the NO MORE CHEMO club!
Thinking of you each day and hope you 're birth' is what you expect.
Cheers from us all
Chris

laulausmamma said...

Today's going to be your re-birthday. Hope things to smoothly. May all your new cells make you live long and prosper!
HAPPY RE-BIRTHDAY WULLIE.

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well today. Very best of luck!
Cath

Anonymous said...

Happy Stem Cell Birthday! You're doing really well, Keep your chin up ! Love Liz

Gary said...

Great for you Wullie,
We've all been thinking of you - what with your last chemo yesterday and the stem-cell re-birth today. Abigail's put a picture in the post for you today to brighten up your room.
I've gotta say, your attitude is great throughout this blog and it must be a great source of strength and encouragement for others enduring the same treatment.... keep it up mate.

As always, thinking of you, V and the girls.

Gary, Claire & Abigail

Anonymous said...

Hi Wullie, the big day is finally here! Hope the day has gone well,
bye for now

Vickyx

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that the CHEMO is complete!

We are all rooting for you here in Clydebank.

Calum sends his regards and says "I hope you feel better soon".

All the very best mate and we hope you are home ahead of expectations.

We are all thinking of you.

Pat, Kirsten, Fraser & Calum