Monday, May 28, 2007

Remission baby! Yeah!

I guess the title of this post kinda gives it away abit! We went for the scan results today to get the full story about what is going on inside me. Beyond my wildest dreams my miracle working oncologist says, calm as you like, "Yup. Your scan results are fine. I'd put you in clinical remission... but you're still going for SCT to seal the deal.". No problemo!!

I don't know about Veronica, but I was completely stunned. I was only hoping for some sort of shrinkage in the chest area going forward into SCT to prove I didn't have chemo resistant disease... I never dared dream about being put into remission. Looks like my onc has pulled the miracle out of the bag and, as Bender says, The Hodge can Bite my Shiny Metal Ass. We've beaten the bastard again and this time it is going to stay beaten.

We left the hospital and celebrated in typical fashion... a massive full Scottish fry up breakfast with all the trimmings and then a nap when I got home.

It's hard for me to explain the feelings I have right now. I've been here before and had it all taken away from me. I'd say it's just utter and absolute relief. No joy, no ecstasy, just pure relief!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Honey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a result! Me and Chris just read your post now and wow, we are sooooooooo pleased for you all. When finnished this wil give V a ring, what a star you are Wullie!!

Vxx

Jane said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You don't know me, I'm a random blog follower, but I'm still absolutely thrilled to hear your news.

Anonymous said...

Oh Wullie, if biting your shiny metal ass keeps you in remission - sign me up.

What fantasic news!! The only problem with being in the US is I'm not there to give you a hug.