Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

It was off to work we went this morning. This was the first time I'd been into the office to do some actual "work" for about three months. There are one or two things I really want to get cleared up before I go in for the SCT. I've been putting off doing them until I was strong enough and also because I haven't been 100% sure the transplant was taking place until I spoke to my oncologist on Monday. It was good to a be a part of the furniture again... even if it was only for a half day and things have certainly changed. New faces everywhere but thankfully plenty of old familiar ones... some of whom where actually pleased to see me!
I got some great news about a work colleague who is also off ill. She was unfortunately struck down with Guillain Barre Syndrome in February but is now making a really good recovery. I think about her often and pray she makes a full and speedy recovery soon and gets out of hospital. I'm only going to be in there for 4 - 6 weeks; she must have been there for 4 months so far! Two people with different diseases of the immune system in the one company must be pretty rare.

More good news came yesterday when I read Chris' blog. My fellow Hodgkins buddy has been through the mill this last week thinking he needed another dose of chemo and that maybe The Hodge was still floating around. He went to the hospital yesterday to be told he didn't need the chemo and that The Hodge look like it has gone! Just a wee three week course of rads to seal the deal of the clean PET and CT scans that he got. Too be honest, if it was me, I would have initially been a bit pissed about worrying for a week about chemo I wasn't going to get and then just totally relieved to get the clean scans! I'm over the moon for Chris, Vicky and the children.
Woo Hoo! The good news just keeps flowing and long way it continue. It's been a helluva a week already.

Now to just get Kelly clean scans for the hat-trick!

1 comment:

Kelly Kane said...

I got clean scans last month :) I celebrated with some pink champagne, of course! Me, you and Chris, we're like a cancer ass kicking gang! We'll have to celebrate when you all come to Boston next year! I'm starting to collect things to send you and Veronica as I think you need a fun package as well! I think you need a Cancer Is My Bitch tshirt as well...I'll order you up one if you let me know your size. Oh and how fun it is to go into work and be missed! I just went in today as well to pick up a disabily check and go out to lunch with a friend, I'm such a novelty there everyone wants to hang out with me! They do a double take when they see me and always tell me I look great, it's good to stop in :)

Hope you're feeling well! KYPU!!

Kelly