Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Now we wait!

The CT scan went smoothly as usual but the gunk they make you drink still makes me want to baulk! Let's just say I had a rather unpleasant experience with Pernod when I was in Benidorm with "the lads" when I was 18. I haven't touched the stuff since but this liquid they make you drink for the CT scan tastes identical. Urrrrgh! It's hard for me to keep it down. The CT technician promised she'd do her best to give me good scans so now I just wait... and I am not a good waiter!

I went into work in Edinburgh after the scan to find that they had raised an amazing £410 ($800) for Erin and Rebecca's sponsored walk! Man, was I taken aback with that. I was speechless when I was told. I can't thank everyone enough for all they have contributed to this excellent cause. The Lymphoma Association will really appreciate it! Thank-you!

After much hand-shaking and cuddles from people I hadn't seen for a few months I managed to escape the work place with a fellow IT nerd and we went to the local snooker hall for a greasy fat burger and a couple of frames. Word of warning... it can be tricky to play snooker with a Hickman line dangling from your chest. I lost count of the times I thought I was going to pull it out by playing a shot that had me right down on the table. However, it just felt so damn good to be doing normal things again that I completely 100% forgot about the Hodge for a period and it was gooooood.

Oh... and I won the snooker match as well. Nae luck, Stevie-boy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wullie, what a nice day (except the scan) Glad to hear all went well. Well done on the snooker.

Off to Wales tomorrow, will send you a postcard x

Kelly Kane said...

Hooray for greasy burgers and feeling normal!! Fingers crossed for clean scans!

Darrel Hale said...

Hey there Wullie,
Glad things continue to move forward. I know it is scary looking down the barrel of this thing but you can do it! It's totally possible that the ESHAP will be actually the hardest part of this transplant mess (it was for me). Use the next few weeks to get your strength and focus. Oh! bring your Family Guy DVD collections to transplant...nothing is better than Peter Griffin and pain killers!!!

All the best,
Darrel