Saturday, May 26, 2007

A nice family day out


We took the girls out to a localish park a few miles away from the house today to let them burn off some energy. Veronica and I were getting a bit of the the cabin fever feelings so we needed wide open space and kiddie entertainment. The Kings Park in Stirling was perfect. The weans had a total blast and we just enjoyed them enjoying themselves. It's been a while since we've been out as a family like that as I've always been too knackered so it was really cool... although my bum is a bit sore from the roundabout thingy in the picture above. In order to pedal I had to sit back off the seat (it is a wean ride after all) and position the bar carefully between my cheeks. Being a man with a couple of pounds of spare fat on his behind you'd have thought it would be comfortable enough but no. It knacked!
So after the park we went for a nice lunch and then headed back home. The girls played outside with friends and then they finally had a bath and went to bed. Veronica and I then had a lovely Chinese takeaway to finish the day off and, as usual, we both over ate and just beached up on the sofas like a couple of whales for the rest of the night.

Now having read Kelly's recent blog entry at Chemopalooza I've decided I need to talk Veronica into a trip to Boston once all this is over. I'm sure someone will have Erin and Rebecca for a long weekend. I really want to do a DUCK tour!! I'll then need to visit tacky Kitty O'Sheas and then, if time, nip down to The Beachcomber in Quincy and catch Black 47 playing live. I'd also love to watch a Celtics game or failing that a Patriots game. I don't "get" baseball so I'm not to arsed about watching the Red Sox but I could probably go a Bruins game if I was guaranteed a good punch up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know you don't like me commenting on your blog but just 2 points:

1) Your blog entry REALLY doesn't sell Boston to me - you'll need to try harder!!
2) No mention of SLIPPERS??!!

Luv ya..........x

Veronica xxx

Kelly Kane said...

Hoooray, sounds like I'm counting you in for the Duck Tour! Well at the very least, I'll take some pictures for you :) We'll have to keep working on Veronica to get that visit. We can have a cancer bonanza! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your weekend - I was actually out and about myself walking for the past few hours, and now I'm exhausted! I'll post some pictures of my weekend when I return home on Monday.