Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I hope that you haven't been refreshing your web page looking for some sort of update because, unbelievably for me in recent weeks, absolutely bugger all is happening and it's great!

I feel fine. Just the usual tiredness and the complete lack of any taste-buds whatsoever. It is the weirdest side effect I have ever had and is a surreal experience I hope to never have again.
Yesterday, for lunch, I made a Ravioli, mixed with a Minestrone Cup-a-Soup, chucked in a few pickled onions and some extra hot peri-peri sauce and tasted.... nothing! Now this is not a combination of food that I would normally mix together but I just had to taste something! Once that failed I knew it was pointless trying anything else.... even a Chicken Phaal from the Indian wouldn't cut it as I'd had a South Indian Chilli Garlic Chicken curry a couple of days before and that tasted like a big fat zero as well! So, if anyone in the IT Department at work is going to Lier anytime soon can they bring me back one of those kebabs please? I can still taste that baby if I think about it!!
The only relief from the mouth is lollies. Lots and lots and lots of ice-lollies. Food of the Gods. If you are ever on chemo make sure your freezer is stocked with lollies.

No comments: