Wednesday, May 09, 2007

And so the steroid drop-off starts and the come down begins. My brain enters the abyss of blackness again. Hopefully it will be a short visit.

I've always had a dislike for Wednesday. Furthest day from the weekend you've just had and furthest day to the next one. It's always been a bit of a bad day for me but today has been a cracker and below gives you a rough insight into one of Wullie's steroid come downs.

Today I have:-
1) started to put my financial affairs in order
2) listed things I want to say to the girls at various stages as they grow up. Fortunately I couldn't find the camcorder to commit them to DVD
3) Tried to think of some witty "last words"
4) Planned my funeral, including speeches and hymns, in intricate detail. Realised Glasgow Cathedral would be a bit big so settled for Dunblane instead. Celtic squad probably won't be able to make it. The Pope might also be busy that day.
5) Should I haunt Veronica if she meets someone else?
6) Will my girls remember me?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
I can do chemo all day every day. My brain just can't do steroids.

But I know tomorrow will be a better, brighter day.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Wullie
You have to keep strong, that light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger and you have a few weeks to enjoy before your final push. We are all thinking of you and hope that all goes well.

Chris and Vic X

Anonymous said...

Hi, it was such a pleasure to speak to you today. On the up!!
xx