Sunday, March 25, 2007

1 down, 2 to go.
Well now. That wasn't too bad.
I got out of hospital yesterday afternoon and pretty much went straight to bed until this afternoon.
The chemo is certainly stronger than the ABVD I have had in the past, and I did have need to throw up a couple of times on Saturday morning, but it is easily do-able. I'm pretty sure the sickness was due to some extremely intensive heart burn that the steroids seemed to give me. A couple of magic gastric pills later and I've been right as rain. I've had my last dose of steroids for this treatment cycle so I'm hoping the "thick head" syndrome I'm experiencing will be away tomorrow and I can get some quality play-time in with the weans.
I really missed them! Even the crying of 'Becca at 0530 this morning brought a huge smile to my face although I don't think Veronica saw the funny side!

Not really too much to say about the hospital visit. Sat in a bed and got chemo and fluids through a drip for 48 hours and that was about it. Watched a few movies and read a bit but nothing more exciting than that. The secret is to not watch the clock as it really is a boring place. A bed bath request was refused by the kind nursing staff so I didn't even experience that perk! Oh well.

So my plans for this week are to basically build my strength up for Round 2 on April 10th. Treatment wise nothing is happening this week except a routine cleanout of my Hickman line and I'll also need to go into my workplace and discuss things with my boss and HR. They have been absolutely brilliant to me throughout this experience and I hope I can repay it all back sometime. Judging how I'm feeling right now I am definitely up for some home working. Work focuses the mind and means you can forget other things!

Thanks again for all the prayers and thoughts. They have certainly given me the strength to get through this.

No comments: