Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Life on Mars has just started so this'll be brief.
I go into Stirling Royal tomorrow at 1500 so this'll be my last update for a few days unless they have web access.... which I doubt with the NHS.
I'll get an E.C.G on my heart tomorrow to make sure it is up to the chemo and then we begin on Thursday morning. The timescales for my fun are roughly as below:-
  • 0700 Thu - get 6 hours fluids into my Hickman
  • 1300 Thu - get 24 hours of cisplatin into Hickman
  • 1300 Fri - get 9 hours fluids
  • 2200 Fri - get 3 hours of cytarabine
  • 0100 Sat - get another 12hours of fluids
  • 1300 Sat - Get final 3 hour bag of cytarabine
  • 1600 Sat - couple of hours of fluids
During this time I'll no doubt be popping various drugs.
I'll be doing drugs Robbie Williams has never heard off!!
The chemo doesn't worry me... it's the boredom of being in hospital. I've got the laptop for DVDs and the Nintendo DS as well as books and magazines. Hopefully this'll get me through.

Hopefully I'll be home on Sunday morning. I'll let you know how I got on.

If I happen to cross your mind between Thursday and Saturday please send me some positive vibes!

No comments: