Monday, February 18, 2008

Please think of my friends this week.

I've not got time to update this just yet with my adventures in the USA but just wanted to show solidarity, love and support for three very dear friends who will each be going through their own private trip to hell this week.

First up Darrel is having his 9 month post-transplant PET scan on Tuesday. He had a slightly dirty one last time around so we're all hoping for better results this time.
Next, Kelly is having a PET on Thursday. She won't admit it but she'll be anxious right now. Scanxiety sucks big time.

Finally, Bekah. Our Bekah.
She starts round two of ICE salvage this week.
I so wish I could do it for her but I can't.
Read her blog and read the comments left for her. It may help you understand why I, and everyone she meets, love her so much and unconditionally.

----------
Currently on iPod :- Adele - Chasing Pavements

5 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Thanks Wullster! I admit it, I officially have scanxiety and have for a few weeks! I'm just planning on keeping super busy this week.

And I've already made plans with my parents to go out to an awesome dinner after my scans, so i have something to look forward to either way! :)

XO!

Duane said...

Wullie, I love the term: "scanxiety." If you don't mind, I think I'll have to adopt this one when my next scan comes around.

Please don't blame me of plagiarism. :)

B. said...

I hope this 'not got any time to update' has something to do with spoiling those beautiful women of yours, Wullie, my love ;)

Thank you for the thoughts, and love from your family.

If I make it through round two alive, will you teach me the secret SCT handshake?

I'd like that.

Hope you are taking care of yourself, and resting. As much as possible.

Sending all my love to you and V from over the pond.

B

laulausmamma said...

A very thoughtful post Wullie. We now know that Kelly is squeaky clean and Darrel still has a spot of dirt on his scans (wish it was that easy to explain away!). Our dearest Bekah is on our minds and in our prayers that round #2 will be easier on her and much more manageable with the right drug combo and regiment.

((HUGS)) to you dear Wullie...and to your darling wife and girls. Can't wait to give you them in person in June !

Susan

B. said...

Safe, and Home Wullie.

With a smile on my thanks, thanks to you and V.

Tons of Love Big W,

B