Thursday, June 21, 2007

Day -5

Sorry for the lack of post yesterday... Day -6.... but the BCNU chemo juice gave me an instant and blinding hangover. The glare of a laptop screen would have been to much for my little, bloodshot eyes to take. I effectively had to shoo my parents out of the room at 2100h last night as I just wanted all the lights off and to bury my head under a pillow. We've all been there!
Fortunately a couple of paracetamol and a sleep got rid of it.

So far it has been pretty uneventful. I'm slapped awake at 0600h to get bloods taken and BP, temp and pulse measured. Then I'm free to do as I please so I go back to sleep till 0800 and then drag my sorry butt out of bed and to the shower.
Chemo started at 0930 this morning and I am currently on bag 2 of today's 4. Apart from a flushed face there is nothing to report. It's just a matter of staving off the boredom.

Hope all is well in the outside world and thanks for all the kind comments that have been left.

1 comment:

Kelly Kane said...

Look it's your daily comment from Kelly! Hope you're finding things to do to entertain yourself, I'm a fan of tetris, I can play it for hours. Good to hear the chemo isn't that bad so far, I know it's tough but KYPU!!