Monday, April 02, 2007

Things are finally back to normal here.
My mood swings have gone and I'm back to my usual calm persona.... thank God. Unfortunately it has returned a day too late as I single-handedly managed to ruin what was supposed to be a nice family dayout to the park by being a moody, miserable, surly git! Chalk up another one I need to add to the payback list. Erin was placated with '99 ice-cream and 'Becca with cuddles but it is another one to add to the Veronica list.

Today we went to see my Oncologist to just have a general chat about the way ahead and to get some blood work done. I think it was mainly to make sure I'm not neutropenic. Bloods came back OK so no need for G-CSF growth factors this time round. Woo Hoo! Those jabs really hurt my back and a couple more weeks without them means more rest and relief for me.
We talked about the transplant and about where it would take place. I asked about having it in Dundee and, although he would be happy for me to choose that location, he would much prefer it to take place in Glasgow as that is where the experts and field leaders in Scotland are based. He explained that Dundee doesn't carry out the procedure often and so we decided to stick with Glasgow. It's not all too bad though as I've learnt that it should take place in the Royal and that is a damn site easier for people to get to than Gartnavel.
We were also told that you get "scaled" when you go for a SCT transplant. The scale runs from 0 through 4 and the great news is that I am ZERO! I'm not 100% sure what this actually means but I guess it means my prognosis is better than someone on a 4 and that my recovery time will be quick. My onc also hopes to have me out of hospital in 18 - 21 days... the good news just kept on coming.

I got me XBOX 360 back today and had a wee shot. I've become strangely addicted to cricket since I've been resting (the Ireland victory over Pakistan has probably helped) and the Brian Lara game is pretty damn good. I can see it getting hit pretty heavy after my next vacation at Stirling Royal and then it will be time for LOTRO.

Oh yeah. I really really want a KFC. The craving is in insatiable. If I don't get one tomorrow there will be issues.

No comments: