Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Novena to Our Lady of Lourdes

Blessed be the Holy and Immaculate Conception of
The Virgin Mary Mother of God.
Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.
Health of the sick, pray for us.
Succour of sufferers, pray for us.
O Mary, conceived without sin,
Pray for us who have recourse to Thee

People who know me might find it strange for me to be posting a prayer. I don't come across as a deeply spiritual or religious person but, believe me, I have an unmovable and unbelievably strong belief in God. I'm Catholic and have very strong beliefs. They get me through when all else fails.
The prayer above is just offered up to all those going through any sort of illness right now. There are so many people in worse places than me. I'm still going to be cured... some people don't have that luxury or hope.

Not having to bad a day of it today. The small rhino living on my head has since been replaced by a feeling of having drunk 10 pints of crappy lager but that's a good thing. It means that the steroids are wearing off and hopefully I'll be "normal" on Friday. No nausea at all today and if I could just get some sleep! Sorry to keep repeating myself but I need sleep!
We're off for more antibiotics in a couple of hours so if anything major happens I'll report back but I'm really looking forward to a nice quiet night in front of the laptop; if I can get logged into Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO). If not then there is always the Dresden Files on Sky to watch. Or Chelsea v West Ham.

Also, just thought I'd mention that I really think this mass in my chest is shrinking up. I have always felt that but today it is really strong. They always say you know your own body so hopefully I'm right and the tatical ground-assualt is paying dividends before we launch the WMDs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you wullie-everyday!

Vicky and Chris xx

Chris said...

Wullie
Good to hear from you and glad your are feeling better.
I have found playing on the computer a bit of a release and contacting others in the same position has helped. We have contacted a guy called Daz from Arran who's blog is at: -
http://disasterousd4z.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html
Has really helped.
Keep your pecker up
Chris