Thursday, March 15, 2007

So today I got my Hickman line installed. No big deal this really. Veronica and I turned up at the hospital at 0830 with my 24h sample of wee wee in hand. This will be used to make sure my kidneys are up to the harsher DHAP chemo.
I gave some blood and we then waiting a couple of hours before I was wheeled down to radio for the "procedure".
One local anaesthetic and some sedatives from my personal sleep fairy, a bit of pushing and pulling from the radiologist and the thing was fitted. I think it took about 30 minutes but I'm not sure. I thought I was really brave and came back to tell Veronica that I had just had it done under local. Then vague memories of drunk like singing in the theatre crept into my head and I realised I must have awake but completely wasted!!
My right "man-boob" now looks like it has two udders swinging underneath it. I can't think of better way of describing it. I'll post a piccy as soon as I get a chance.

Finally, my damn slippers still haven't shown up yet.
I'm starting to suspect small child and bin right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.