Thursday, October 18, 2007


Veronica and I (and the weans) went to see my Super Doc today. I haven't seen him in over 2 months so it was high time we touched based. Fortunately Wonder Nurse was also kicking about so I got alot of emotional and psychological garbage off my chest... which was nice. I'm arranging to have a few more one on one sessions as my mental health is not the greatest at the moment and I know it is worrying Veronica.
Anyway, all my blood work checked out OK again and I passed another quick "prod test". The rest of the consultation was just general chat and what to do now. I'm not having another scan until after Christmas (Woo hoo!) as my oncologist doesn't want to see "a large, shrivelled up dead tumor during the festive season". We're really pleased about this as it means we can just concentrate on the weans and not having me panicking about results like I was last year... it made Christmas suck. Also, I haven't heard him talk this confidently about my condition for a long time and it was nice to hear it.

Anyways, off to Glasgow tomorrow afternoon for my final bone marrow aspiration. Can't say I'm looking forward to it but it's the last one so let's just get it over with. This BMA is to see how likely or not I am to develop Leukaemia later on in life. I get the results in November.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huge TOG hugs to you, Veronica and Wullie. You both deserve happiness, and I hope you start feeling happier.

I know how hard it can be- it took a cruise to Mexico to bring me out of my funk, but I feel very good now.

It's been a while, so I'll say it: Keep your pecker up!

I hope you're eating more Thai food very soon (get the tom ka gai, it's excellent!).

-K.

laulausmamma said...

Hey Wullie ...glad you got a good checkup with your doc and have a respite from dr visits for a while. Hope the BMB is over quickly and you can be on your merry way. Bummer that your throat is still bothering you so much...hope the new meds help like they are expected to.

As always...big (((HUGS))) to you, Veronica and the girls.

Susan

Veronica said...

Just wanted to pop up and add my tuppence worth - you're doing brilliantly, my flirty husband, and I'm so proud!

As well as all that old tosh, I wanted to record our youngest's shenannigans at the hospital yesterday..........the funniest moment, which I had already forgotten this morning, was when we were all talking and Dr. Neilson turned around to see Rebecca swinging like a monkey from the sink in the room and said 'she better not pull that sink off my wall.........' it's one for posterity so thought I'd blog it here.........OK, done boring you......get strong soon, Mister.........xx

Kelly Kane said...

Yay, I'm glad you had a good visit and also got to get some stuff off of your chest! And ya know what, I'd wish you luck on your BMB but let's face it, you've got this crap down by now, as for lots of fabulous drugs!! XO!

Hope you're eating a big dinner, well you're actually sleeping now, but hopefully you celebrate tomorrow!!!

Skye said...

Just think of how much better we will all feel by the time the anti-hodge festivities in June!! Keep making those plans so you have something to look forward to!! Can't wait to meet you and V in person!!! And don't be afraid to ask for help--the emotional wreckage this crap creates is no less important to resolve as the physical damage that happens.

Thanks for the shout-out from one of your earlier posts! I am feeling okay for someone with a brand new immune system--with the exception of this crazy cold I just got...yuck!!