Saturday, July 28, 2007

Day + 32

Just a brief "How I'm doing" update.
I'm feeling better by the day. Already I'm noticing day by day differences in energy levels and strength. I wasn't expecting this at all. Everyone I spoke to told me that it was week to week for a few months at least but today I just feel great. I guess the doctors always added the general "But everyone is different to how they respond to treatment" disclaimer when they were telling me what to expect after SCT but I really am pleased with how things are going... except for the fact I think the weight I lost during transplant is starting to come back on a bit. You see, even my dodgy tastebuds are starting to spring into life and unfortunately it is "sweet" that is currently the dominant sensation although savoury is closely up its behind!

I'm now totally itching to get back to work... even just a day or two a week for the first month. I'm obviously just wanting to get a sense of normality back in my life. I know it is too soon to go back and I really do need more time to recover but I'm going to broach the subject when I see my Oncologist on Thursday. If my blood work is OK and he agrees to the part time return in a couple more weeks I'll then have to confront the "Bob Factor" and accept things if they don't want me back until I can go full-time. I'd like to get some work in in case I need to get sent for rads as that would require yet more time off and, to be blunt, I'm starting to feel like I'm taking the piss with my company. Possibly the greatest company to work for.

Seeing as the footie season is nearly upon us I've update my tunes to play a few Celtic songs. I've also added some tribute songs to Joe McDonnell, who died 26 years ago on the 8th July, and the other 9 brave men who died before and after him.

To all Hodgers -Beidh ár lá linn!

1 comment:

Kelly Kane said...

Just wait until you get my package, you'll definately put a few more pounds on - it's 9lbs of candy goodness!! :)