Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Room without a view.

Here is a picture of my digs for the next few weeks. Lovely, ain't it? No window and it is tiny! Seemingly I'll get moved once one of the other patients checks out and gets home... lucky buggers.

Been a busy old day today. Bloods taken, chest x-ray, head examined by the shrink, ECG and a damn bone marrow aspiration. Owwwwie! I wasn't told about that one.
I now also have my full schedule and I'm not getting a rest day after the chemo after all. My stem cells will be given back to me one week today.... June 26th... so already I'm one day ahead of schedule and one day closer to hugging Erin and Rebecca. Woo Hoo!

As you can also probably tell by this blog entry I have managed to obtain web access. I've nipped onto the hospital wireless connection. Seeing as there was no security on the line I thought it would be rude not to and it will save me a bit of money in 3G/GPRS charges. Now to setup MSN or some other chat facility so that I can constantly pester Veronica. I'll maybe have to get her to get me a cheapo web cam. I was going to just use Skype on the PDA but this line is fairly quick so a cam on the lappy would be much better... and cheaper.
Veronica, give the girls a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge hug from their Daddy tonight please! And don't forget the tickles for Erin.

Tomorrow the battle commences. There will only be one winner.


Me.

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Hey you - figured I AM allowed to post on your blog now that we're not seeing each other 24/7! Erin and Rebecca got their hugs and tickles....although I'm apparently not as good as you on that front!!

Just wanted to say I am SOOOOOOO proud of you, mister.......you'll get through this and we'll continue our new improved life when you get out - LOVE YOUxxxxxx

Kelly Kane said...

Hooray for stolen wireless!! Stay strong!!!

Chris said...

Wullie
Great that you can communicate for the next few weeks.
Thinking of you and that poem....where did she pull that one from? Never speaks to me like that! I suppose it makes her think of her life with me carrying her...!!!!

Cheers Chris

laulausmamma said...

And the WINNER IS......WULLIE !

Glad you got the wireless hook up so you can stay in touch.

Thinking of you all the way across the sea in sunny California.

Susan