Saturday, June 23, 2007

Day -3

So far, so good. I'm tolerating the chemo a lot better than I thought and, apart from a tiny amount of nausea in the mornings, I'm fine. It was tougher getting the DHAP pumped into me than this stuff. All my bloodwork is checking out just great and I'm on schedule... whatever that is! I know the tough times are yet to come so I'm making the most of these good ones and getting plenty of exercise in. I've lost 5.5lbs in weight but that is due to the chemo making your body burn calories. I had it all explained to me but it went way over my head. I've been assured that this early weight loss will be fat and not muscle but they'll keep an eye on it. It's not as if my 200lbs bulk is wasting away!!

I got a move out of my room but the room they put me in was much smaller although it did have a window. I wasn't at all comfortable in there so I punted myself back into my old room. Better the devil you know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wullie, sounds like you are doing really well! I've got Kylie dancing around my head now....took Anna to see her in Manchester the week before Chris was diagnosed (fantastic show, Anna loved it). Thanks for your update, we keep checking.

Vickyx

Kelly Kane said...

Chemo burning calories - what great cancer-cise! Hope you're keeping yourself entertained!

Darrel Hale said...

BEAM not so much of a problem after DHAP, even cuts out a few pounds! I am more concerned with the White Room they seem to have put you in. Are you sure you are getting a SCT and didn't get put in the loony bin by mistake? Well, I hope the conditions improve and when the time comes, focus on growing those counts! I'm pulling for you!

Darrel