Sunday, May 13, 2007

A very proud Daddy

We all finished! Even me!

Today was a very proud day for me and Veronica. Today our little girls, who are only 3 and a bit and 18 months remember, carried out a two-mile sponsored walk in aid of the Lymphoma Association... a charity based in the UK. Rebecca, the youngest, didn't quite manage the whole distance but she wasn't far of it... stubborn little monkey loves to walk and literally walks till she drops.

I'm not doing it again!

All in all we think we will have raised about £700 for the Association and I couldn't be prouder of the achievement of these two little angels.
From a personal point of view I was a little proud that even I managed to walk the distance. It just shows you what a couple of pints of fresh blood can do for your system! I haven't even been able to walk to the local shop these last few weeks so a two mile walk seemed a bit of an impossibility. The blood appears to have done the trick.

Onwards and upwards!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done gang! That is a fantastic amount to raise. Hope you are not too tired tonight.

Will phone the donor number tomorrow.

Vickyxx

Kelly Kane said...

Congrats!!

Chris said...

Well done to all the Currie family, you should be very proud of yourselves. Hope you have a good few weeks before your SCT.
Keep your pecker up.
Chris