Sunday, April 22, 2007

AT LAST
CHAMPIONS
Finally, after weeks of stuttering from game to game, Celtic wrapped up the Scottish Premier League with a Shunsuke Nakamura freekick in the 2 minute of injury time. The goal from the Japanese Maestro means that bosses all over Scotland will be faced with a "plague of sickies" tomorrow as the drink flows into the wee small hours. If you want a party tonight then head for the green side of Glasgow! I'll celebrate in my own wee way... a cup of tea and a long old soak in the bath tonight with a good book. Not quite the same as going a bucket with the best of them but I'm looking forward to it!

Nothing much else to report as I've just been recovering. I've decided that I feel this way due to the infection and not the chemo. I'm really weak but everyday I'm getting that bit stronger and I know I'll be OK for chemo in 10 days time.
Tomorrow, however, we go through to Glasgow to hopefully bag me some stem cells. The procedure itself is really simple (they just hook my two lines up to a bit machine, take blood, whizz it round, grab the stem cells, and gimme it back) but takes the whole day. Firstly I'll have a Full Blood Count taken when I arrive. This'll be about 0930 and I'll get the results by midday. If all is ok I'll get hooked up to the machine and the harvest begins! If not I'm sent on my way and have to come back on Tuesday. It's completely out of my hands. The only thing I do know is that the magic number of cells we are looking to harvest is 4million. There is also a chance that we won't get enough off tomorrow even if the process happens. This also means a return trip the next day.



No comments: